The Student Health Staff is pleased to work with you and to assist you in the maintenance of good health. We are available to advise you on how to stay healthy and to assist you when you are ill or injured. Our joint efforts can be maximized if you understand what your rights are.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Appropriate privacy.
- Be provided complete information, to the degree known, concerning your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis unless medically inadvisable.
- A second medical opinion.
- Refuse medical treatment, except as prohibited by law.
- Give inform consent prior to the start of any procedure and / or treatment.
- Timely access to health care.
- Care that is considerate and respectful of your own values and cultural beliefs and to equal access to treatment regardless of race, national origin, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion.
- Have an assistant or chaperone present during certain parts of a physical examination, treatment, or
- Have your medical records kept confidential, and released only with your written consent (click here to download and print form) unless we are required by law to disclose medical information in response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons, etc.
- Review any medical records created and maintained by Xavier University of Louisiana Student Health Service regarding your care and treatment.
- File a grievance with the Office of Student Health, 1 Drexel Drive – Box 36, New Orleans, La. 70125,
(504)520-7396 if you feel any of these rights have been violated.